What adhesive to mount PVC board inside console?

FINCHASER

I know there was a thread on here a while back mentioning the brand but that brand has many different choices and I never saw any info on which one should be used.... any one know?  Also any application tips would be nice if you've done it, thanks

Weld-on was the brand and I believe Skip was the one who mentioned they use it at the factory.  As to which one they use I am not sure.  We use Weld-on at my work, golf course, and have tried a few different ones.  The only difference I could tell was how fast the setup time is and color.

2 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

I know there was a thread on here a while back mentioning the brand but that brand has many different choices and I never saw any info on which one should be used.... any one know?  Also any application tips would be nice if you've done it, thanks

Try PVC Board....anything works on it....

DC

1 hour ago, FINCHASER said:

Maybe a call to weld on is in order to sort this out.

Wanna- that's what I'm gonna use... just wanna be sure its gonna stay stuck hence why I want to know the specific priduct

Sorry...i saw starboard...uggh.

Use West Systems 2 part epoxy....this is what was recommended to me...I used it on the skinny mini to hold the batteries...

I'm sure you don't want alot of screws on the console sides...but a few small ones will hold it while it sets....

dc

Is there anything that will be screwed or bolted to the outside of the console in those areas?  I was able to mount the pvc board by through bolting my rod holders and grab rail. I used t-nuts so that everything would be flush mounted and secure. Just an idea. I didn't want to worry about an adhesive letting go and reeking havoc in my console with all of the electronics. 

Archived