Master Angler on the facebook

justfish

Dang that sea deck does look good.  Well equipped boat, wonder what kind of condition the hull is in.  10k + 8k to repower with something 4 stroke and used. . . Seems like it needs to come down a bit.  Of coirse you could repower with an OX66 for about 5k and be in this thing for something reasonable.  At the right price and condition, it may be a great option for someone who wants to do a complete refurb.  Would be good to get the owner on here if anyone can get him a message.

• 3 weeks later...

See this one still available on craigslist.  Do any of you seasoned MA owners have an opinion of what a fair price for this rig would be?  At the right price, seems like a nice option to add new or newer power and an I-pilot.  Not a huge fan of the closed storage lockers, more into the open under gunwale storage, but at the right price I am sure I could get used to it.

I landed in exactly the same place as Steve, started typing this before I saw his note:

10K isn't a bad price if the hull is in good to excellent shape, wiring is in order, everything works, etc.   Work your way down from there, though - so wiring is old or a mess, - 2K.   Hull in rough condition - 1K.   Equipment not working - 500 - 1K.   

I sold my 1987 MA fully equipped and in decent condition for 6500 with a motor that ran but was going to have to be replaced in the very near future (basically, I priced it as if it had no motor).   

I was thinking of offering him $8k as long as trailer and hull is in good shape.  I know he said poling platform is off because welds are cracked, but I would probably leave it off anyways on this model.  It would be better at $6,500 then I could put a new trailer under it, but I wouldn't insult him and make that offer.  I know he spent some money on that Sea Dek.

13 hours ago, horseshoe_scott said:

I was thinking of offering him $8k as long as trailer and hull is in good shape.  I know he said poling platform is off because welds are cracked, but I would probably leave it off anyways on this model.  It would be better at $6,500 then I could put a new trailer under it, but I wouldn't insult him and make that offer.  I know he spent some money on that Sea Dek.

I would make sure that Sea Deck isn't covering up something.  I would look very closely under the rub rails and back along where the poling platform was mounted since you said it's off now due to weld cracks.  Ask to see pics before sea deck was put on. Lot of people document the boat with pics to show the deck before sea deck is installed for that reason. 

Whichwaysup summed it up on the deductions. IMO you can never insult a person who's selling a 20 year old hull/no motor boat. He has to expect it's going to take a special buyer for this one. 

If all is what he says then $8-9ish sounds about right. I do think it's a little odd it's only on Facebook? This boat is in prime fishing area of SW Fl. Why hasn't sold yet? Marine surveyor may be warranted after your first inspection. 

Good luck I hope it checks out.  

• 4 months later...

Archived