Trolling Motor Quick Release Compatability

Seacraft06

I have a MinnKota RTA-19 quick release mount on the boat now. I have a  Riptide 80lb 60" 24v on it now. I am looking to go to an I pilot version. I am looking at the Riptide ST 80lb 60" 24v. Will I be able to use this same mount, just change out the motor? Also is the the same power plug? Not sure if the style is different. Bascially wondering if it's a quick change out with, plug and play? 

The plug depends on the mfg, of the plug itself, the new motor will come with a bare cord end. As far as the quick release plates they aren't compatible. The iPilot bracket is much smaller. Someone may have done it but I couldn't figure out a way, to do it right anyway.

Not sure where you are located but I had Bob at Inshore Marine Specialties fill in all the old holes and mount the new bracket, looks better than new.

IMG_1252[1].JPG

IMG_1254[1].JPG

IMG_1277[1].JPG

I doubt it will be plug and play but... Depending on where your puck is now you MIGHT be able to make a new female side to use with your old puck.  I just switched trolling motors and was able to use the same puck.  I just switched brands so it is not apples to apples as your situation due to the overhang of the ipilot .

Archived