Boca Grip knockoffs??

whichwaysup

I don't like "hanging" a fish by its jaw, but when I need a weight I will and use my BG.  Mine will weigh just a tad heavier an a digital scale (maybe my eyes can't read the scale). I will use the BG to control the fish both boatside and aboard.  The $12 plastic grip does as good, maybe better, job of gripping to control, so if I don't need weight, I use the orange plastic grip.

I ended up picking up a cheap knockoff and have been using it for a couple of weeks now.  So far, i am extremely impressed.  They serve a different purpose than a net, for me they help to tame the fish while unhooking it, and are particularly useful for the kids to use for photo ops.  Love them, but would never use them in lieu of a net.  

I use my boga to handle the toothy buggers, as well as anything I don't care to touch. Works well as a de-hooker. In the salt-water world,  one gets what one pays for. Salt is brutal. I used a knock off from BPS and worked fine for a year or so, but thats it. People will spend tens of thousands of $$$ to get to the fish, then get cheap when it comes to making contact with the intended target. Go with quality tackle and dont look back. Rods, reels,line,etc. IMHO Don't want to offend anyone, just an opinion.

image.jpeg

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, johnd said:

I don't like "hanging" a fish by its jaw, but when I need a weight I will and use my BG.  Mine will weigh just a tad heavier an a digital scale (maybe my eyes can't read the scale). I will use the BG to control the fish both boatside and aboard.  The $12 plastic grip does as good, maybe better, job of gripping to control, so if I don't need weight, I use the orange plastic grip.

agree about hanging fish. need to support the belly.

Archived