WTB 4 Blade 21P for 250 Verado

rev4 and I've just done a lot of testing on the bravo 1 FS and really like that prop but a 21 pitch rev4 will spin around 200/300 rpm less than a 21 bravo FS. Unfortunately not that easy to say I need a 21 pitch 4 as they can vary greatly. What boat is it on? What prop is currently on the engine...?

17 minutes ago, Mitz said:

rev4 and I've just done a lot of testing on the bravo 1 FS and really like that prop but a 21 pitch rev4 will spin around 200/300 rpm less than a 21 bravo FS. Unfortunately not that easy to say I need a 21 pitch 4 as they can vary greatly. What boat is it on? What prop is currently on the engine...?

2110 Action Craft coastal bay tower boat with a 250 verado. I know I know not an MBG product. Ran it last night  for the first time and I was only seeing 42 to 43 mph.  I was told I should be seeing 52-54 mph.  

I need to see what rpm's I was running at WOT  as I'm sure that will paint a better picture of what I really need to do prop wise. 

On May 12, 2017 at 8:02 PM, Mitz said:

It's ok I have a contender bay now haha. Yeah def get those rpm figures and then pull that prop. Def doesn't sound right. Gps confirmed speed?

Ran it this weekend. I was getting 5600 rpm at 43 MPH WOT. According to Mercury I should be getting 5800-6400 RPM WOT range. 

Any Ideas on what I should do. I am running a 3 blade 19P

23 minutes ago, Mitz said:

If u have the 1.75 gear ratio you are at 25% slip or if it's the 1.85 gear ratio then it's still 21% slip. Have a jackplate? What model prop is it? A merc or?

1.85 ratio. Yes I have a jackplate and it looks like a Merc prop

Only a few 3 blades from merc it could be. Prob a mirage which is 15.25 dia. Sounds like it's worn out. I'd look at trying a rev4 in 17 pitch. But call Ken at prop gods to see if he has data on your boat/motor combo

Archived