Thinking of upgrading- Navionics (Raymarine/Simrad)

C-Los

Hi all, 

I have Garmin 541 that works great for what I do but the other day I fished on a boat with Navionics and wow I loved the detail on it. so I'm thinking of upgrading to Navionics on a Raymarine unit or Simrad.  Looking for chart detail and sounder.

Anything suggestion on which unit?

thanks!

I've got Humminbird with navionics. Love it. BUT if I could do it over; I'd go Simrad GO7/9XSE with Florida Marine Tracks. FMT (if you live in Florida) is the best map I have ever seen. But it is EXPENSIVE! Either way- simrad is better than Raymarine IMO and navionics is really nice although I've never used Garmins top of the line chip. FMT blows them all out of the water 

On 5/15/2017 at 9:44 AM, MPFit said:

I've got Humminbird with navionics. Love it. BUT if I could do it over; I'd go Simrad GO7/9XSE with Florida Marine Tracks. FMT (if you live in Florida) is the best map I have ever seen. But it is EXPENSIVE! Either way- simrad is better than Raymarine IMO and navionics is really nice although I've never used Garmins top of the line chip. FMT blows them all out of the water 

I think you can order FMT with no Tracks at a reduced cost if you call them.  When you see what it is with the tracks, the price doesn't seem expensive at all.  To get all of that information yourself, you could easily spend six figures on charters.  Theres like thousands of miles of Tracks just in S. FL alone.  Pretty crazy.  They even go up into all the canals.  By that measure they are practically free.  The imagery and the tracks and the accuracy and all of the extra fine details makes it.  Nothing else remotely close.   And all done part time I hear by a fisherman who has a banking gig.  Incredible. No idea how that was pulled off but someone has a ton of work in it.  Makes you wonder if FMT was created like this as a side hobby why it is Garmin and Navionics *** so bad by comparison.

51 minutes ago, Skinny Running said:

I think you can order FMT with no Tracks at a reduced cost if you call them.  When you see what it is with the tracks, the price doesn't seem expensive at all.  To get all of that information yourself, you could easily spend six figures on charters.  Theres like thousands of miles of Tracks just in S. FL alone.  Pretty crazy.  They even go up into all the canals.  By that measure they are practically free.  The imagery and the tracks and the accuracy and all of the extra fine details makes it.  Nothing else remotely close.   And all done part time I hear by a fisherman who has a banking gig.  Incredible. No idea how that was pulled off but someone has a ton of work in it.  Makes you wonder if FMT was created like this as a side hobby why it is Garmin and Navionics *** so bad by comparison.

Yes but it's only available for the umbrella company that owns Lowrance and Simrad. Humminbird and Raymarine are a different software not yet compatible with FMT... yet

Archived