Thank You Intercoastal Marine in Marco Island, FL!

conocean

So on Thursday at noon I get to Choko all excited about fishing that afternoon, Friday & Saturday. As I'm reverse drifting off my trailer with my motor running I find out that my wheel won't turn. Luckily my bow was just inside of my guide posts as I noticed this so I was able to put the throttle in fwd and rest the boat back onto the trailer. I immediately call Bob at Inshore Marine Specialties and we go thru the normal trouble shooting stuff. Bob and I agree that the Sea Star helm took a dump. At a really bad time. (Thanks for helping me troubleshoot, Bob!!)

I pull my boat out of the water, park, hop out of my truck and I start thinking.....how on earth can I get this helm replaced RIGHT NOW so I don't have to cancel this whole weekend!!! Just at that moment a guy with a HPX-S pulls up to the ramp and starts talking to me then asks if he can help me out after I told him what happened. He suggested that I call Walker Marine in Marco. So I did. But unfortunately they didn't have the part. The service guy at Walker said to call Mike @ Intercoastal Marine. Now I'm thinking, "oh boy, the goosechase begins......"

I get Mike on the phone and explain my situation; basically told him that I was desperate to have my helm replaced and for him to charge me extra labor and a PITA fee if he had the part. To my elation he not only had the part but he agreed to have one of his techs replace the helm if I drove from Choko to Marco right away. So I hop back into my truck and I'm on my way to Marco. 50 minutes later I get there and the helm is sitting on top of the front desk waiting for me. 20 minutes later the helm is scooped up by the tech and off he went. I go out to the service yard to grab a drink out of my cooler a few minutes later and Mike introduces himself as he helps the tech get my job done ASAP as he promised on the phone. Very nice guy and knowledgeable. An hour later Mike comes into the office to tell me they're done, thanks me for calling him and I get my bill. They would only charge me the going rate for the helm, 1.25 hours of labor + some misc supplies. They refused to charge me a dime more even after I asked them to. So I tipped the tech and off I went back to Choko.

Now it's 5pm and I'm launching my boat again to water test the helm. Steering was smooth as silk. I even caught a few fish on the way back to my slip. It was a good day and fantastic weekend of fishing with friends and family. Weather and fish both cooperated. My girlfriend's 8 year old daughter even caught her first snook. But it wouldn't have been possible without Intercoastal Marine willing to help a stranger in a big pinch! Thanks again Mike & Valerie!!

Intercoastal Marine Service
941 Windward Drive
Marco Island, FL 34145
239-642-0067

Archived