Riptide ulterra for 2400TRS

Docsuds

I currently have a motorguide xi5 on a 2015 2400 trs 

I'm interested in the Riptide Ulterra b/c 

- the xi5 integration with the lowrance hds 9 is buggy/intermittent so I never use it (have the outboard pilot; I think that increases the bugginess)

- I like the idea of the auto-stow/deploy

- I'm annoyed with the motorguide remote having NO feedback (can't tell when motor is on/off)

Anyone already switched from one to the other?

thoughts/opinions?

thanks!

scott

Scott,

I have the same boat as you and changed this winter.  Love the motor.  It fits the hockey puck without new mounting.  Press a button for stow and deploy is awesome.  Its reasonably quiet.  Spotlock works great.  You get the idea. Remote took a few minutes to figure out but thats user error.  They have hit a homerun in my book but we'll see regarding the longevity/reliability of the system.  If you upgrade you will love it.  

Jp

I have had mine MK 80lb 24V on both my Skinny Mini Pathy 17T (sold) and now my MA 17 (1995)...

I have not had a single problem...

1.) Get the longest shaft as possible 

2.) For a 24 TRS - I would definately upgrade and go to a 36V

3.) For me, DEKA 27's or 31's for the 36V would be the only way I would go...if you have a 24V system, all you'd need to add is another battery and a cable...everything else will be the same.

I have the older model and I hear the newer model is even better...

DC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the 60" shaft on the 2400TRS

works great

planning on 60" riptide unless someone convinces me otherwise...

On 6/13/2017 at 9:09 PM, bbrock8 said:

What length shaft did you go with? I want the same trolling motor but cannot decide between the 72" and the 60". 

Archived