center console electronics access

johnwater

On my 2009 2200XL, the front cushion came off by removing the 6 phillips head screws from the inside of center console. It takes a long arm and a long screw driver ( 12" to 14" ) to reach them.  However, on mine..that would not give you access to the front of console from the outside. I had to cut a access hatch on mine in order to service my batteries and on board charger. I installed a hatch door and added a three rod / rod holder and no longer have a cushion there. 

IMG_7658.JPG

thanks for the reply guys.

Hard for me to twist/contort my 70 year old body from the rear of console

Yes i was afraid that it was not going to be easy.

I like the idea of cutting access hole .Cant believe pathfinder didn't make this easier.

I will call Ray and send him pics for any additional advice.If he gives any additional info i will post it.

john

I bought my hatch from T&H Marine...under $50. It came with a template....I marked it out and cut hole with a Dremel Tool with a small round saw blade ( about the size of a quarter ) took less than 5 minutes to cut the hole out. Made it very easy to service the batteries from the front of console.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2017 at 1:02 PM, fishmanjj said:

On my 2009 2200XL, the front cushion came off by removing the 6 phillips head screws from the inside of center console. It takes a long arm and a long screw driver ( 12" to 14" ) to reach them.  However, on mine..that would not give you access to the front of console from the outside. I had to cut a access hatch on mine in order to service my batteries and on board charger. I installed a hatch door and added a three rod / rod holder and no longer have a cushion there. 

IMG_7658.JPG

Here's a shot in the dark... do you still have the front cushion???  

I'll look and see.....if I do, it's not white....it's the Pathfinder tan / beige combo. Here is a pic before I changed it....

I put some of the original stuff up in a storage box....freshwater wash down pump and tank, old Garmin...some of the stuff I changed out....

IMG_0584.JPG

16 minutes ago, fishmanjj said:

I'll look and see.....if I do, it's not white....it's the Pathfinder tan / beige combo. Here is a pic before I changed it....

I put some of the original stuff up in a storage box....freshwater wash down pump and tank, old Garmin...some of the stuff I changed out....

IMG_0584.JPG

Nice! Check your PM when you get a second. 

Archived