A Few Simple Upgrades - Stayed Off The Water

Wanaflatsfish

Wife had a list of Honeydews and I don't like to be on the water on holidays if I can avoid it.

Had a few things I wanted to do for a while...

1.) Install a variable bubbler switch

2.) Install a new 12V connector

3.) Install a Blue Seas USB port

4.) Finish the Bubbler project in the livewell

I bought one of the variable switches on Amazon....I took off the panel where the switches were located and once I figured out the wiring pattern, I then drilled a hole for the knob...the hardest part was fitting the switch into the console as I drilled the hole a bit too close to the steering column, but, after a few scrapes on the hands to fit it...it came right on....

IMG_3694.thumb.JPG.b947195b4ddd59721ad970bee90291a3.JPG

here is where it is on the console...

IMG_3695.thumb.JPG.e796aad76a13b5c42caddc1f3604a92f.JPG

Next was the USB port...again, fairly easy...found the hot and the neg and just plug and play...fit in on the first snap, checked it out, then inserted into the slot...I don't plan on using a second live well...so, I used the live well slot.

See above....

then I installed the OEM original 12 V socket for the cigarette lighter with a new Marinco...easy peasy...once i had the console screws off it just fit into the original slot with a bit of fiddling...

here is the new install....

IMG_3693.thumb.JPG.fcf258437cf8c96b803689425bc25142.JPG

Finished product....

IMG_3697.thumb.JPG.5e26b3cc458e32d13a3eca770e63621a.JPG

I have installed two bubblers into the live well as I use a lot of live shrimp for my fishing...I've found the key to live shrimp is very little water in the well (2" max), throwing a chum bag into the live well so they have something ride on during the day, some fresh water every little bit (thus the timer), and lots of bubbles....I bought these two bubbler on Amazon and each has it's own 12V bubbler.....creates a nice bubble bath for the gang...

I used 5200 to hold them in place so they don't bang around and I have a 3rd one on a simple stone......BTW, on a cool evening, I've kept 10 doz shrimp in the live well over night with just bubblers....works fine...

IMG_3699.thumb.JPG.1457a9ff5974bd0af570aa9c622c15e8.JPG

Hope everyone has had a nice Memorial day....I'll be back out on the water next week....seeing how things work....

Next small thing..get some new screws for the panel....these are the OEM originals..when I get a chance...I'll get some black coats or new SS...

dc

Looking good young man!!!

Oh yeah you are soooo right......"and I don't like to be on the water on holidays if I can avoid it" :)  I don't like to deal with the amateur drunks on the Holidays, makes us professional's look bad!!

1 hour ago, BradM said:

Nice work, DC! It's amazing what 2 dollars worth of screws change. Is the USB just hot, not connected to a stereo or anything?

Cant DonH likes Lady Gaga blasting when we are roll'n and it runs down my batteries on the iPhone (LOL)...

It's mainly just to be able to charge something on the go if required......

Yep, heading to WM today to pick up a few screws and there is a BOGO on a few items...

dc

Archived