Poling Platform Modification - Input Welcomed

Beehaw

I have a 2005 PF2000 for which I bought a used poling platform from an 1860.  You can see from the photos that the base plate lands on the hatch seam.  I need to have the front support modified to move it forward slightly.  I am thinking cutting just below the cross frame support and angling slightly will accomplish what I need. 

Anybody had this done before?

PP2.JPG

PP1.JPG

PP3.JPG

I thought about that too, but was concerned about stability if I make the footprint more narrow.  If I move it forward, it would have to be far enough to open the hatch.

I do like the fact that moving to the midline would not move the flange forward and rob walking space.

My goal with installing this was not to pole this boat, but to use my CoPilot motor from there, and create an additional fishing spot.

True you would make the front foot print more narrow by approximately four inches on each side , however I would think the back two legs staying the same and through bolting would more than compensate for that. In any case it looks to me like it's going to be a professional fabricator/welder doing the work, I can't see bending that properly by yourself. Good luck!

Archived