For Sale: 1978 Maverick 18' Flats (Berg Boat)

fredgarvin

A little piece of history for sale.  

*** In case I wasn't clear enough, this is a project boat that needs a complete restoration.  It is not in any condition to use as-is.  You will need to pick up***

20170603_143156_zpsdj5zmjzo.jpg

Make no mistake, this IS a project boat that requires restoration.  However, this is one of those projects that could make you owner of a little bit of industry history -- the very start of Maverick Boats.

The title of this boat says, "BERGBOAT", which from my research (http://skiffrepublic.com/interviews/skiff-republic-interview-steve-huff) says that Dr. Lenny Berg & Flip Pallot developed the original hull from a mold that Wally Cole sold to them.  The design eventually evolved into the Master Angler (I think) and of course Maverick Boat Co.

I had purchased this boat in 2003 from The Boat House down in Marathon Key, enjoyed fishing Charlotte Harbor and always had the "plan" to do a complete restoration, but I simply enjoyed using her too much!  Time seems to have passed way too quickly and that dream is just a bit too far for me to embark on at this point and I would like to sell.

It's a great hull design, trimmed-out right and it would take Charlotte harbor chop great, speedy with a 150 and would seem like an effortless and efficient cruise when trimmed just right.  This boat has been sitting for many years and requires extensive restoration.

Price: $1700
Boat: 1978 BERGBOAT 
Motor: Mariner 150
Trolling Motor: Minn-Kota
Trim Tabs: Lenco
Trailer: 2003 Continental Aluminum tandem axle (5000lb)

20170603_143145_zps5qjqznma.jpg

20170603_143116_zpss0t6rqd9.jpg

20170603_143134_zpso3kwzueo.jpg

20170603_143206_zpsuryx3jbh.jpg

Archived