Minn Kota Riptide Ulterra 24V 60" 80lb for $1,481.99, Whats the deal?

Chitwood21MA

It does not appear to be the latest generation Ulterra with the Bluetooth puck sensor.  The latest generation Ulterra has a much improved spot lock feature.  Still, it does seem like a very good price!  This seems like it might be a close out priced MK.

That's not a fantastic price, btw.  I got mine a couple years ago -same model - for 1329.  Guy off of Hull Truth.  NO shipping cost either.

Having said that and having the Gen 1, shell out the extra $$ for the gen 2.  The spot lock on the gen 1 is FANTASTIC . . . when it works.  But about 50% of the time it wanders around enough to make you crazy.

14 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

That's not a fantastic price, btw.  I got mine a couple years ago -same model - for 1329.  Guy off of Hull Truth.  NO shipping cost either.

Having said that and having the Gen 1, shell out the extra $$ for the gen 2.  The spot lock on the gen 1 is FANTASTIC . . . when it works.  But about 50% of the time it wanders around enough to make you crazy.

$1329 for an Ulterra ?????

My new Ulterra should be delivered tomorrow. Does the "puck" come included in the gen2 or do I need to purchase in addition? I would hope so as it would be disappointing to need another $150 item after shelling out $2k for the motor itself. 

Regardless, it'll be quite the step up from my '02 65# copilot pushing the 18.5 MA. 

The Bluetooth compass is part of the latest generation Ulterra.   You will love it.  The only thing I dislike about the new Ulterra is the remote.  It is too complicated. I complained to Minn Kota about that.   On the prior version remote, I could operate the remote without looking at it.  Not possible with this remote as there are too many buttons too close together doing too many functions.  I don't use all the fancy smancy stuff! Just this week, I ordered the Micro Remote just to operate the motor's basic functions.......speed, direction, and spot lock.  It will not trim the motor, nor will it deploy and stow.   I will leave the big remote on the console to operate those features.   

23 minutes ago, JEM said:

The Bluetooth compass is part of the latest generation Ulterra.   You will love it.  The only thing I dislike about the new Ulterra is the remote.  It is too complicated. I complained to Minn Kota about that.   On the prior version remote, I could operate the remote without looking at it.  Not possible with this remote as there are too many buttons too close together doing too many functions.  I don't use all the fancy smancy stuff! Just this week, I ordered the Micro Remote just to operate the motor's basic functions.......speed, direction, and spot lock.  It will not trim the motor, nor will it deploy and stow.   I will leave the big remote on the console to operate those features.   

JEM, sounds like an operator issue to me............  just saying...........JJ

Archived