Powerpole - 8 or 10'..Sportsman or Pro Series

fgator22

Hi everyone I recent;y purchased a new to me 2012 22 TRS and in the process of ordering a powerpole for it. I am contemplating the 8' or 10' pole, but I have heard from folks that the 10' pole gets in the way many times due to its height. Additionally, what are everyone's thoughts on the sportsman vs the pro series? Looks like the sportsman only comes in powder-coated black and 8'. My last question is it possible to install 2 powerpoles on the jackplate bracket with the swim ladder?

Thanks and look forward to being a part of the pathfinder family.

IMG_4556.JPG

Can not help on the mounting but I would say go 10'.  I was on the fence between 8' and 10' and I am glad I went 10'.  If you have a poling platform it might be a different story but with nothing back there I don't think you will notice much difference when the pole is up.  Just cut some 2x4s to the size of both and tape them to the back and see if one gets in the way more than the other.

I have two 10 foot blades and they are now the tallest thing on my boat. When I'm sneaking under a very low bridge I just put them down a little.

I prefer the twin 10 footers but they swing a little more than my friends boat with twin 8 footers. That being said I can use mine in 2 feet of deeper water.

Everyone is different.  

I personally wouldn't be able to stand the 10' because when Tarpon fishing, I'm almost always fishing straight off the back.  It would be a pain having to navigate the rods over it.  Also with having the shade on my tower, it would make it an obstical course in the back.

But that's just me...for deep water I just use my i-Pilot to anchor.  

But the 10' is very nice and you wouldn't regret it.  Just depends on your needs.   

I have a 10' Blade and I never had a problem with it geting in the way. Similar to a T-Top, most will sat they get in the way but once you get used to it it's not a problem. If it ever was you can lower it part way. The added ability to anchor deeper is worth the extra height.

I have the 8' pro and no problems. 

As far as mounting it. I don't think you can do duel poles with the swim platform.

I mounted mine to the Atlas jack plate using the mounting bracket from power pole. Took about an hour from start to finish.

Their is no flex or any other problems with it on the jack plate, plus you don't need to drill holes.

I also installed a waterproof toggle switch in the compartment where the hydraulic motor is mounted to kill power to it when not needed like when trailering.

Archived