Trailer Tires

hawg

While shopping for new tires for my dual axle trailer, I discovered that Goodyear now sells a trailer tire which is manufactured here in the U.S.A. It is called the "Endurance" and sells for about $10 more per tire than the Chinese tires. I think the $10 is money well spent. How about you?

Search Tire Rack for trailer tires. They sell some with a speed rating of 90 or 100 mph. I certainly don't tow that fast, but if it is speed rated to 90 mph it is probably better quality. Most trailer tires are just junk. Lets of folks are using light truck tires or vehicle tires. They are certainly made to a higher standard because they are designed to carry passengers.   

I had two sets of Carlisle radial trails on my 17MA Ameratrail. I'm on my 3rd set of Freestars with my current 18HPX Ameratrail, which Ameratrail used for years. Never an issue with any. Always got the beefy brass valve stems and recently started balancing. I've heard nothing but great things about Maxxis. 

1 hour ago, conocean said:

I had two sets of Carlisle radial trails on my 17MA Ameratrail. I'm on my 3rd set of Freestars with my current 18HPX Ameratrail, which Ameratrail used for years. Never an issue with any. Always got the beefy brass valve stems and recently started balancing. I've heard nothing but great things about Maxxis. 

High pressure valve stems

Balance.

Date code

They are a lot like boats. Man and ship will rot in port used or not.

No matter the miles any trailer tire at 5 plus years of age is worn out. From the inside out.

Archived