Ignition, Key and Harness Question

Pat54

I bought a 1993 Maverick Mirage and am trying to restore it....the key is stuck in the ignition and I cannot get it out. The ignition works fine but I would like to remove the key when not in use. I am also worried if the key is stuck, the tumblers may stop working all together. Also my daisy chain instrument lights need to be rewired. Would it be best to buy a new harness for the ignition and replace all the lighting wiring at one time? If so, is there a place that I can get the ignition harness that would just plug and play? I have a 90 HP Yamaha 2 stroke engine on this boat...original I think - B90.

No, it does not spin. I took the locking nut off the outside of the ignition and thought I could push the ignition switch with key through the hole in the console. It would not go through the hole. I understand there may be a way to push the key out from the back side but I could not push it through the hole. I was afraid to disconnect all the wires and the harness to pull it out without a diagram or some help from someone that has done this before. Do you know where I can get a new Yamaha ignition for this if I have to? I am going to put more penetrating oil on and look at it again tonight. Thank you.

Got the key out with the penetrating oil and a little tugging. Thanks. Working now on the daisy chain lights for the instrument panel....worse than fixing old Christmas lights...every connection has to be redone because of corrosion. Thanks for your help....won't have to buy that ignition harness now.

Archived