Hull Staining

Lowcountry78

1 hour ago, Convertible13 said:

Another Starlite user here. Stuffs amazing.

Do not get it on your trailer or metal parts. All of it is a form of acid for the most part. Most acid based cleaners don't play well with any metals.

The more you clean your hull the more porous you make it. No creams or lotions can fix my skin or your hull.

You just have to step up the frequency of applications to look as good as new. 

41 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

Do not get it on your trailer or metal parts. All of it is a form of acid for the most part. Most acid based cleaners don't play well with any metals.

The more you clean your hull the more porous you make it. No creams or lotions can fix my skin or your hull.

Good to know.  

Thanks for all the suggestions. I purchased some of the Starlite this evening.  

2 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Do not get it on your trailer or metal parts. All of it is a form of acid for the most part. Most acid based cleaners don't play well with any metals

I could be wrong but I believe Star Brite is fine with metals as it is one of their selling points, other harsher acids are not 

13 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Description for Starbrite Instant Hull cleaner:

Does not contain harmful acids, safe and easy to use.

• Quickly removes stains from water line.
  • Excellent for use on fiberglass, metal and painted surfaces.
  • Cleans scum lines and stains on boat hulls easily and effortlessly
  • Safe For Use On Fiberglass And Painted Surfaces
  • Instantly Removes Stains From Grassy Marine Growth, Rust, Scum Line, Fish Blood Etc.
  • No Rubbing Or Scrubbing

It really is great stuff and takes a few seconds to remove the stain. Ive been very happy with every starbrite product ive used

26 minutes ago, linesider 159 said:

Description for Starbrite Instant Hull cleaner:

Does not contain harmful acids, safe and easy to use.

• Quickly removes stains from water line.
  • Excellent for use on fiberglass, metal and painted surfaces.
  • Cleans scum lines and stains on boat hulls easily and effortlessly
  • Safe For Use On Fiberglass And Painted Surfaces
  • Instantly Removes Stains From Grassy Marine Growth, Rust, Scum Line, Fish Blood Etc.
  • No Rubbing Or Scrubbing

It really is great stuff and takes a few seconds to remove the stain. Ive been very happy with every starbrite product ive used

It is what I use as well as it is metal safe. I was referencing many of the others mentioned as to the metals. Some of the other stuff will wreak havoc on your trailer so certainly read the ingredients.

I have had good luck applying it with a spray bottle and sponge and it is a fairly quick process.

Archived