wet sounds audio??

Island Style

looking at putting  4 speakers and an amp in a aluminum jon boat ( I know, I know). I have had JL and been very happy but just checking into this line. I have heard they have a lot more options in speakers and amp power wattage. Just wanting some real world info instead of from the salesman. Thanks JD

wet sound aren't bad... prob somewhere around second place compared to JL. here is a pic comparing a wet sound 8.8 vs a JL 8.8... The JL uses better overall components and is build much more robust. These wet sound were a few years old a looked like ***. I should post some pics of my old 18.5 MA that our buddy collett now owns to show you how great those JL's still look.

IMG_9164.JPG

IMG_9165.JPG

For a John boat where you might want an easy install just to get some sound then the sound bar by wet sounds can be a good  self contained system. It will have decent sound but not not the deep base. On my 22 TE I have modified the the console and have their smaller sound bar with Jl 8.8 at the end of the rod lockers and JL 6.5 in the leaning post. The sound bar works nice running as it is right there and you don't have to crank it up to hear. Obviously the JL have much better sound but the wet sound serves its purpose and JL does not have anything comparable.

@justfish Hey now! I don't listen to mine as loud as I used to. I just helped my buddy put the identical setup as mine, in his boat and it sounds great! The new boats with all their foam lined caps (Sportsman) and the added beef really helps. 

Fisrt time Mitz pulled up to me on his new Contender outfitted with Wetsounds, he said "man....I miss how clean the JL's sound." I think he had all new speakers by the following weekend. 

Archived