Shout out to Sturdy Built Trailer Parts

whichwaysup

Hey folks -

I posted a question about my trailer springs on this forum a week or so ago and got some really good advice and help from you all.  One of you sent me a link Sturdy Built Trailer Parts http://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/.     

My job is such that I am held captive to my computer, so getting out to a local place is nearly impossible.  Ordering online can be cheaper, but you all know that getting what you actually need can be a challenge.   One of the most aggravating issues is ordering parts, then realizing you mis-ordered or didn't order all the stuff you needed.   Sturdy Built's website is particularly informative - if you think trailer springs are simple, think again.  Double eye leaf, hook and slipper, reverse curve, slipper . . . then all the bushings and hardware to go with it.   The site does a great job directing you to exactly what you need if you even have half a clue about trailer springs.

Which I don't.

So, after loading up my cart with all the stuff I thought I needed, I sent an email to the company with pics of my springs to see if they might help me make sure I had the right stuff and all the stuff I needed.  I didn't expect a response, but wow, did I get one.   I got a response that was exceptionally detailed and saved me from ordering the wrong springs for my trailer (apparently, I do NOT have double eye leaf springs, I have reverse curve leaf springs).   We actually exchanged emails several times and spoke by phone before I finally had everything I needed.   

SO, moral of the story - I love shopping local because of the service and advice, but some companies have figured out how to offer the convenience of online with the service of the local guy.   Big thanks to Sturdy Built and specifically to Tim who was a life saver.

Archived