Sea Claw-I just love it when packages arrive

Wanaflatsfish

I need to get the Holy Ghost ready to meet some of snook pimp's girls in Jupiter Inlet.....Capt DonH and I haven't been out pimp'n his babes for a while and I need something that will stop the skifff in the current.

8450881174_d989ba22d5_k.jpgDSC_2569 2 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

My 4th Capt Kevin's Sea-Claw....best anchor in the business...

This is the 12 lb'r that will stick the MA17 right where I drop her...i had the 19 lb for my 22 pathfinder when I used to tail in the keys....drop, stop, tail :)

easy peasy...sent him an email...a request for funds for $192 and......viola - here in two days.

Thanks Capt Kevin.....

THE ORIGINAL SEA CLAW

BE WARY OF SIMILAR ONES.....SOMEBODY HAS TRIED TO RIP OFF HIS DESIGN....HE'S A GREAT GUY TO WORK WITH....

IMG_3764.thumb.JPG.a1d697df24b1275a93082371c7ca9e64.JPG

5 hours ago, palmetto1 said:

I wonder if the 8lb would hold with some chain.  Are you using chain on the 12lb.  I saw on the website "no need for chain".  Be nice to do away with chain if thats true or do chain plus lighter model.

no need for chain in about 90% of the applications..

I do rig it break-away 100% fo the time....

When I had -DA BIG MOMMA 18 LBR, I HAD A 6' CHAIN AND A BREAK AWAY FOR TAILING IN 100 ' plus off Marathon or Islamorda

MOSTLY TO JUST GET IT DOWN FASTER.

For the average application on the reef, it holds just fine...and in the break away mode (I use 6-8 small zip ties) and keep a bag on board to re-tye in case...it holds just fine.  I think the chain in shallow applications would actually hurt vs help...don't know...I used the 12 lb (i had two when I had the Pathy) for shallow applications on the Patch reefs and in 60-70 feet...I would just quickly change it out....

For the deeper applications, you need an anchor ball to pull it up....I also used to carry a large door matt on the front deck when I was pulling it on board to prevent chiping the gelcoat...that 18 lb'r was a bear....but, stopped you on a dime.

dc

Archived