Pressurized livewell

Stricklyoutdoors

It's a big difference I feel going from 800/1100.. when I keep bait from daylight to dark for charters... I feel they stay lively much better also.. my standup well in my 22TE had 2x-1100 GPH, threads will survive much longer if I don't add a standup well I'll be adding a 2nd pump and overflow to my main center well.. it's just my experience 

Well, theoretically you need four times the capacity for the drain as you have for the inlet. That's because the inlet is pressurized and the drain is gravity feed. So you need to figure the surface area of a 3/4" pipe and the surface area of a 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" pipe. Pi-R-squared.  

The surface area of a 3/4 pipe is 1.17 sq. inches, so you need four times 1.17 for the drain or 4.68 sq. inches. The surface are of a 1 1/4 pipe is 4.90 sq. inches. So, a 1 1/4" drain is more than sufficient for one 1100 gph bait pump. The surface area of a 1 1/2" drain pipe is 2.35 which is just adequate for two 3/4' inlets.

You will need a 1 1/2" drain to handle two 1100 gph pumps supplying water through two 3/4" inlets to the livewell. I think the standard drain from the factory is 1 1/4".

Archived