Engine Mounting Height question

Mellow Yellow 1806V

I have an 1806V with 90hp yamaha 2 stroke. Does anyone know the correct mounting height or hole position for the engine? My engine is mounted on the highest hole (lowest that the engine can possibly go). Just wondering if this is the correct hole or am I too low? I blow out in turns but that seems to be an issue in itself with this hull that i can live with, but i also have a little spray and can only reach 5100 rpms with an 18p prop. Any help would be much appreciated. 

My '90 is mounted on my 1806V similarly; I went to a Power Tech 15P 4-blade and that helped somewhat, but it is still not perfect. I went through several props before settling on this one.

This hull doesn't like the motor trimmed up too much, but I usually run with two people on board and a 30 gallon bait tank up front. The 90 is probably a bit underpowered for my configuration given all that bow weight.

The steering arm does not touch the inside of the transom. I can send you the model number of the prop when I get home later, but I have not been out in the boat since last year, and am currently getting it cleaned up for a trip to Florida in July. I can't speak to the RPM/speeds from memory, but loaded down I am seeing about a 35 mph top end.

I worked with Power Tech, and we swapped out a couple props before settling on this one. 

Archived