1900T

HewesYourDaddy

Didn't even know they made one.  Main things I'd be concerned with is possible lil rougher ride. Might not even be enough to notice... I'd bet it really isn't. Also being a tunnel, you'd prob want to keep jack plate which typically isn't popular on the regular 1900. I'd be most concerned with extra set back and weight being lil further back esp with the decreased floatation from the tunnel.  The two biggest issues there would be proposing and increased draft. Again maybe a non issue. 

Keep us informed of how ya like it!

I have one, never been on a reg 1900V so really can't compare the two. I have a new Tohastu 115 TLDI on mine. I think it rides good esp for a wide 19ft boat. I have a jack plate on it, I think it came stock with it. I don't have it propped right currently but run an aluminum 4 blade 17p and get it to 4800 rims and a little over 30mph. Let me know what else you want to know.

It ran great. We actuallnran it in some serious chop and wind on the sea trial. Not a drop of water on me or in the cockpit. I think the cockpit on the T may be drier than the V with the drain plugs out. Me (200lbs) and Matt, owner of Rogue Motion (prob 230lbs) standing in cockpit at idle with plugs out and barely any water coming back thru cockpit drain.  Handled the 2'+ chop really smoothly. I was expecting worse.  It's running a 17" pitch SS prop. I wasn't worried about performance yesterday, but am curious to see how it runs. I think we were running about 33mph and weren't at full throttle.  Different prop may do better, but the previous owner put one of those keyed, anti theft, lock washers on the prop shaft. Doesn't look like anyone has the key. May have to be content with current prop. 

Getting the bilge cleaned up to my standards. I may go over it again at some point to get some places I missed. I got the fuel tank area done too, people think I'm crazy, but I can't stand a dirty bilge. This one was so black with gunk that you almost couldn't tell what things were other than the battery.

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

A small spray bottle, a gallon of Purple Power, old T shirt cut into decent sized rags, stiff bristled kitchen or dish brush with an 8 or 10" handle, lots of elbow grease!  Spray and let sit, but don't let the Purple Power dry. Then use either the rags or the brush and go at it. You will know when your current application of Purple Power isn't working anymore. Rinse down every place you've scrubbed. Repeat, repeat, repeat,........ Some of the places that you can't reach with your brush or rag can be cleaned up with Purple Power by letting it sit, then turn hose nozzle to jet or stream setting and blast it.  I will continue to spray the stuff into the hard to reach places of the bilge after a couple more outings on the water. They will eventually come clean and after that, all it ever takes is to make a quick spray with fresh water into the bilge after each trip. Don't leave any Purple Power in your boat over an extended period of time (overnight or for days on end). You will be showing off your bilge at the sandbar and it makes your boat feel better and look years younger!

I've never realized so many people clean the bilges when they clean the boat........ wow.

I checked the fluid in my power pole reservoir last week and discovered a new culture of a mildew like substance growing in the bilge....of course, I went and fetched the simple green and diluted bleach and sprayed it, then a good rinse.......that part looked so good, I had to go ahead and get under the livewell bait pumps , bait well drain hoses, lower bilge, etc. While in there, I re-tightened all the hose clamps on the hoses,checked all the fittings, etc.

It is by no means as presentable as "Ron in Atlanta's" or "HYD's"....but it's a lot cleaner than it was a week earlier.I don't plan to eat off of it, so..it's good for now. I'm going fishing.

image011.jpg

Archived