Takin' her home!

HewesYourDaddy

30 minutes ago, fishmanjj said:

looking good !  I haven't seen many with a poling platform ........ it's going to be a bear to pole for any length of time.

When I bought my Ameratrail trailer from the MBG dealer in Destin last year, they had a brand new 24 Pathfinder on the lot with a poling platform.   I think Arnold Schwarzenegger bought it!  LOL.  I am sure they just used it for scoping out cobia.

3 hours ago, nicecast said:

Nice! Screen name change in your future?

Is that a 150 ox66 on the back? Very strong motors. Just keep the o2 sensors clean and you'll love it!

Yes, probaya screen name change in order. We've already come up with a few crude ones. The engine is a 130 V4 with shallow water foot. 

Formerly named "Hewesyourdaddy".

I think you'll miss having a poling platform.  They aren't just for poling anymore!   My kids fight over who gets to sit up there, and with an Ipilot, you can stand on that thing and scout flats without ever needing a pole.   I've never seen one that felt like it was in the way vs. the benefits it offered.   

But, on boats over 18', they are referred to as "spoilers"   :)

40 minutes ago, fishmanjj said:

that's a nice sled....i've never actually seen a tunnel design on the PF, so it will be interesting to see how you like the ride, etc.

Is that red the original gel coat ?  it sure is shiny.......looks like Ron has been on it with the Zaino.

Yes, it's the original gel coat. The guys at Rogue Motion (consigners) go thru and make sure all systems function before listing the boat. They polished this one to its current state. The console still needs work (owner had a bunch of stickers on it) and some more polishing to get gel color uniform again. Biggest gripe with me is the caulk that the owner used along the console base at the deck. Didn't hold up to mildew. Now it needs redoing. Again, a cosmetic issue and not a deal breaker. Windscreen needs replacing, but I'm thinking about going with a cut down screen and tinted or black. Let me know if anyone knows where/who I can get one from. 

Archived