You suppose this is rhino liner/linex?

whichwaysup

I doubt it's bed liner. Dudes down here have been putting a product called Steelflex on airboat bottoms for years. There are a few products out there used to protect against abrasion, usually graphite, aluminum, or some synthetic powder mixed with epoxy and applied to fiberglass. I was gonna do my gheenoe with this stuff that West Sytems makes before I moved from JAX. Whether is graphite,aluminum, or something else I'd bet if it's coming out of East Cape its top notch. 

Yes sir it is bedliner material.  Looked at couple EC Skiffs at the Black Fly Expo in Jax that had it applied then followed up and chatted with EC myself then one of their installers. Most folks don't realize bedliner can go on in a variety of ways. Most of us just don't want a slick bed liner :)

3 hours ago, jason p said:

Hmm, well I stand corrected. I figured bed liner would be expensive compared to the stuff I was looking at for my Gheenoe. I'm sure the bed liner is more durable though. 

It is fairly expensive. I had a line x keel guard sprayed on my HB. If I remember correctly it was around 350-400 just for the small keel guard color matched to hull. As for durability I'm not 100% sold...choose your installer wisely is all I'm gonna say on that issue. 

I would definitely have done it on my last hull -that 87 hull was pretty scratched up, and I was thinking of having it re-gelcoated.   This would have been a great solution for probably the same price or less.  My current MA's hull is almost pristine, so I am not going to do it.

Sarasota Line - X does a lot of marine applications. Its not as thick as the bed liner application but I'm sure its durable. I have seen the keel guards, casting platforms, poling towers, T Tops, second stations, etc. with the Line - X and in all different coolers and levels of shiny. The Sarasota guys are always at the Miami Boat show and are very responsive to questions.

Archived