Pathfinder 2200v scuppers/hoses need replaced

WildBlueUnder

Yesterday I noticed that the scuppers on my 2001 PF2200v are beginning to deteriorate.  They are the original ones from the factory so I'm not surprised that after all these years of service they are failing.  I'm also thinking that the ribbed white hose that goes from the deck floor to the scuppers at the stern may also be compromised, so it looks like I'll have to take care of it and I have some questions for those of you that may be in the know:

a.  Are the hoses embedded in foam?

b.  The scuppers at the deck are flat on one side (bottom) and I can't find replacements on the various websites I've visited....anybody happen to know where they may be available?

c.  Anyone know of those scuppers were installed using 3m 5200, and how hard is it to remove/replace them?

d.  Do you think the existing ribbed hose could be used to pull through the new hoses?

e.  Where is the hose (and flat-sided scuppers) avaible for purchase?

f.  At age 71 and with a decent degree of knowledge, do you think I could tackle this myself, or should I pay to have it done?

If any of you have done this please let me know.  

Thank you....I appreciate any and all advice.

Justfish and Bamaskeet~

Thanks for your input.  Today i was thinking way back and I think I saw a post a long time ago that was from somebody that did what I am thinking of doing.  Hopefully they'll see this and chime in.  Nothing like first hand experience.   Thanks and Happy 4th of July!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WildBlueUnder said:

Justfish and Bamaskeet~

Thanks for your input.  Today i was thinking way back and I think I saw a post a long time ago that was from somebody that did what I am thinking of doing.  Hopefully they'll see this and chime in.  Nothing like first hand experience.   Thanks and Happy 4th of July!

You should reach out to "Hobo" on this forum...he has changed or modified any and everything possible on Pathfinders. 

I'msnookyrd:

I'm excited to find out more about what you did including if or not you replaced the hoses going to the transom and how hard it was to remove the scuppers from the hull.  You and I have the exact same hull, year, motor (even the same trolling motor - not that it's relevant to the discussion).

Thanks, and I'll be looking for your next post!

Imsnookyrd~

Thank you very much for taking the photos of your installation.  It's a real tidy looking job and the photos tell the story very thoroughly.

Those access plates look pretty big....are they 8"?  Also, if you did it again would you have positioned them in the same spot?

I'm wondering about what you did to remove the old plastic scuppers (both in the cockpit and on the transom).  Was it hard to get them out?  Did you have to cut them in to sections and remove with a chisel or did they come out easily?

Lastly, looking back on the job, would you have done anything differently?

Once again, thanks for helping me out and as our Pathfinders are aging I'm sure others down the line will benefit too.

19 hours ago, WildBlueUnder said:

Imsnookyrd~

Thank you very much for taking the photos of your installation.  It's a real tidy looking job and the photos tell the story very thoroughly.

Those access plates look pretty big....are they 8"?  Also, if you did it again would you have positioned them in the same spot?

I'm wondering about what you did to remove the old plastic scuppers (both in the cockpit and on the transom).  Was it hard to get them out?  Did you have to cut them in to sections and remove with a chisel or did they come out easily?

Lastly, looking back on the job, would you have done anything differently?

Once again, thanks for helping me out and as our Pathfinders are aging I'm sure others down the line will benefit too.

Thanks WildBlue,  I think they are 6" but will have to measure to be sure, and I pondered where to cut the holes for a long time and think that was the best.  The old scuppers came out easy after removing the backing nut (both cockpit and transom).  No, I think it came out pretty well.

The port side was a little difficult because there is a gap between the live well and rear compartment that you need to fish the new hose thru.  With an extra pair of hands it would be a lot easier, starboard side was a piece of cake.  Just make sure the new hose runs level scupper to scupper so it drains properly.

Well guys I have learned so much from your posts and photos that I think I can do the job.   Great news that the scuppers came out without using dinamite!  It's going to be a few weeks until I acquire all the parts and set aside time to do the job.  I'll take photos during the job and post them once finished.

Thanks to all involved!

• Like 1

Update:  Fishing is so good right now and the weather is so hot that I've decided to wait until later fall to do the job.  I inspected the thru hulls and it seems that the flanges are in most jeopardy of deterioration and not the "pipe" parts.   That makes sense since the flanges are not only thinner but they are exposed to the elements.  Anyway, when I do the job in the fall I'll post photos and descriptions.

• 2 weeks later...

I just re-sealed my starboard side floor drain thru transom fitting (It was leaking).  I did not have a replacement fitting handy so I had to preserve it.  This was not an easy task....Pathfinder must have used a pound of 5200 (or it was old, dried 4200).  Took 3 hours to get it out using a slide hammer...boat is a 2008 Pathfinder 2200XL.  Still have a small leak somewhere on the starboard side....search continues.  Leaks are NOT fun!

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue, on the same year and hull. My fix was the same, only pie plates were installed in compartments, hidden from plain view.

The battery compartment on the starboard side rear deck and in the live well compartment on the port side rear deck(cant open this one to maintain water tight seal).

Boat is not stored here at the house or Id take some pics, but the concept is the exact same as pictured here.

I did not have to replace the scuppers as mine are in good shape, only the hoses.

• 2 years later...

I replaced mine a couple of years ago.  The scuppers are not the problem to replace.  The drain fittings near the floor are, I did not cut the rear bulkhead to gain access to the drain fittings.  I knocked the old ones (which crumbled) through the holes and pulled them out with the hose.  I attached the new hoses to the fittings first then pushed the hose through.  I drilled 3 holes on the fitting flange and used 3 SS screws to attach to rear bulkhead with 5200.  The large fitting nuts can be thrown away.  You will need a heat gun to soften the hoses.  I replaced the scuppers with resin SS capped scuppers and they have worked well.  In my opinion my fix cost less and no need to cut 2 big holes in your rear bulkhead. Only other tip, you will have to file or grind the holes for deck fittings slightly for clearance of the hose clamps being shoved through the holes.