psi question

pbandjga

I have a 2007 2200v. Two questions, what type of pressure is the psi guage measuring on the dash? And second, any idea what would cause me to loose pressure at high speeds? It maintains pressure at crusing speed but when I floor it, the pressure drops. The boat has a F150 on it. Thanks for your help-Blake

Mine runs around 20-25 psi while around WOT with the jack plate all the way down. It's a water pressure gauge so you can monitor how much water pressure you have cooling the engine. If I jack plate my engine up, the pressure drops. At low speed and idle it doesn't have much pressure.

Soemtimes while shooting across a shallow flat you have to decide, risk your impeller burning up or getting stuck lol. 

17 hours ago, pbandjga said:

I had everything serviced in Feb. The gauge is measuring water pressure not fuel or oil?  I just went from a 4 blade to a 3 blade prop. I wonder if it could be a trim issue. Thanks for your input!

Water pressure. As long as your at 6 + psi your good. Do you have a jackplate, if not how high is the motor mounted? Are you trimming up more as you run WOT, could be trimmed a little to high. 

Archived