Any RV'ers/campers on here?

justfish

We just picked up a travel trailer and I'm pretty excited.  We used to do a lot of camping as a family when my dad was alive and I wanna make these same memories with my son.  If we have some RV'ers on here I'd love to hear some of your favorite campgrounds to add to places to try.  

Most of my favorites are in Keys - Big Pine Fishing lodge, Long Key and Bahia Honda ....but I'm not gonna be able to take boat since I'm now the one pulling camper so I'd like to try some other stuff around Florida as well where I can use my paddle boards and stuff.

Anastasia is nice. I literally live across street from it and go a couple times a week.  Might be our first stop to practice so we can take the golf cart home and get whatever we forget!

love that bote board.  I think I need one to go with camper since I can't take boat...

Check this place out https://www.ellieraysrvresort.com/. I spent a lot of time there, as my grandparents lived right down the river from there. I was actually there last weekend too. Lots of fun things to do in the summer and nice and quiet in the winter. Plenty of little springs up and down the Suwannee (right around the corner) and the Ithcetucknee is only a few miles up the Santa Fe (they have a camp ground too). Congrats on the camper! 

Bud's RV Park and Marina is a great place in Lake Wales, FL.  It is somewhat between Lake Wales and River Ranch on Hwy 60.  I've stayed there many times over the last 25 years.  Nothing fancy.  Very cozy.  Great people.  Great fishing.  Very quiet.  Can fish and play on Tiger Lake or head out to Kissimmee as there is a small creek that connects them.  Great place to leave your camper and/or boat.  Covered slips at the marina.  Bath house and laundry.  Full hook ups.  Great place to get away.  

https://www.facebook.com/BudsRvParkMarina/

10 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

We have visited Itchetucknee many times....nice place for the kids and that spring water is cold......

It sure is nice and cool...72*-ish year round. It actually feels really warm in the winter time, just make sure you dry off well and put your clothes back on pretty quick. B|

St George island near Apalachicola

O'leano (high springs)

Estero

Paynes Prairie (Micanopy)

Blue springs (deland)

Highland Hammock (sebring)

These are the ones that come to mind but there are more. My girlfriend goes (who is NOT a camper) so I pick clean ones (we have a pop up with a bathroom or shower) with foliage in between sites. I try to make it fun for her by picking ones with places to explore (not just springs and trails but fun cities for antiquing or exploring)

We have several friends with campers of all sizes and shapes. What type did you get?

Thanks everyone keep em coming

lurem we got a Starcraft 256 bunkhouse model. It's a 2010 but owned by older couple so seems well taken care of and used little. This is our first other than a couple pop ups so we really wanted to see what I liked and didn't before jumping into something more $...

49 minutes ago, justfish said:

I'm a Disney hater but hard to deny Ft Wilderness is nice. I've heard great things about Ft desoto as well. 

I have a 6 year old so we go. However, we don't even go to the park, just camp. Ft. Wildness for Halloween is awesome. 

Nice!   But if it has not been used much check the date on the tires...they might have great tread, but swap them out if they are out of date on the side wall or if they have any dry rot.....they will beat the crap out of the side of the trailer if the tread comes off......!! $800.00 dollars worth of tires might save you a couple thousand in damage to the trailer or worse leave you in the ditch on the side of the interstate!

I just got a fifth wheel in February...

Truck & Trailer.jpg

Archived