New 2200v Owner

Bluewater report

Hey guys, I recently bought a 2005 2200v with a Yamaha 200 hpdi vmax that was rebuilt by Yamaha with a new power head in 2013. She screams with that power and I got her up to 55 mph my first time out. I've been through the forum and discovered a lot of good information, both good and bad. But, I still have a few questions.

- I want to install raybuds, but the mechanical jack plate on my boat is in the way of how they are typically mounted (I'll try to add a picture later). The base of the jack plate, which isn't hydraulic anyway, butts right up against the drain. Anybody else encounter this issue? Does this mechanical backplate do anything for me anyway?

- what were they thinking when they designed the bulge on this boat? I'm working to clean it up a bit, but am not going for any clean bilge award. God forbid the bilge pump needs changing. Just wanted to vent a little bit.

With speed and range, this boat is a game changer for me and I have already learned to love it. The fit and finish is unbelievable and it's big water capabilities are admirable considering the boat's weight and draft. I look forward to many many adventures yet to come on the new ride and will let you know when I catch the big one.

Congratulations and welcome to THE forum.  You will really enjoy fishing and boating out of a very versatile bay boat.  In the meantime, you can buy some rubber plugs from MBG for the cockpit drains.  They will keep your feet dry until you can figure out how to install rabuds.   If it hasn't already been done on your boat, a very good upgrade is to take out the round inspection hatch in the motor well and replace it with a large rectangular inspection hatch which will make bilge access a lot easier. 

IMG_1541.JPG

Archived