2018 23HPS delivered

Stricklyoutdoors

I like the why they have moved the steering wheel and controls to the left.  Mine is dead in the middle so I stand on the right side but it doesn't feel right.  I even put the Lowrance on the right side of the console. Also like the little lip on the top so stuff doesn't slid off. 

3 hours ago, Charles said:

I like some of the changes but Suntone is right...it doesn't look like the windshield or handrail folds down.  A must for storing in my garage.  Interesting lower access door on the front console.

I noticed the second door also I like it.  The 24 and 26 have had it.  Maybe the fold down is an option now. 

4 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Man, I hate to start nit-picking, but is that the best the dealership could do when they mounted the trolling motor? The head really sticks out over the side of the boat. Can they move it before you take it home, or is that the best it gets?

The dealer didn't rig the TM that's right from MBC factory... it's going to get looked at and moved if possible..

I had to move my trolling motor also.  Saw it right off when I picked it up but thought I'll just fix it myself.  It stuck out so far I would have lost it on the first wake getting my trailer.  Was an easy fix Left 1 bolt in slid it to the proper location and drilled 3 new holes.  My was installed by the dealer.   

18 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Man, I hate to start nit-picking, but is that the best the dealership could do when they mounted the trolling motor? The head really sticks out over the side of the boat. Can they move it before you take it home, or is that the best it gets?

NICE RIG, the TM was the first thing that caught my eye with the hang over and how long the shaft is. enjoy and use it well.

Beautiful Boat! The 23 HPS is a bay boat that does everything right. Get that thing propped right and it’s a blast to drive!

That *** about the TM. Definitely have it moved. If they say “it can’t be moved because of the bow cleat”, call BS! I have a MK Ulterra on the bow of my 2017 23 HPS and it doesn’t hang over the side of the boat and there is about ¾” between the TM base and the bow cleat (The MK is a lot bigger at the base than the MG). Plenty enough room for dock lines. If your dealer can’t get it, Mike at Master Repair can; no doubt!

The split doors on the front of the console are a great idea but the helm would take a lot of time for me to get used to. I love my old-style console.

IMG_1475.thumb.JPG.62b6dac2480e4bf4d1c7c73f1f9d54ba.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived