Prop Input Request

pbandjga

I have a 2007 2200 that needs a new prop. The more I read, the more I realize how much there is to learn about props. My boat came with a 14.5" x 17" four blade that worked fine, but now that I am purchasing a new one I would like your input.

My boat has a F150, 6" jack plate, and a T-Top (soft). 

Please let me know your thoughts, pros and cons for what's out there. Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure who the manufacture is for my old prop.  The prop came on the boat when I purchased it a little over a year ago, and the only markings I see on the prop are the size.  The prop broke on its own.  If it came in contact with anything, it was sand at idle speed.  I showed the prop to a boat mechanic and he pointed to hairline rust marks on the crack itself.  He said those rust markings indicate an old weld line since the prop is SS

I have the same boat in the tournament edition and same engine. No T-Top.

I run a Powertech OFX4-17 and can hit 5800 RPM at around 44 MPH. Lots of stern lift, great holeshot and does not wash out around turns.

I used to also have a Powertech OFX3-19 but it was only a few MPH faster and took a lot longer to get on plane.

2 hours ago, FunFlatsFishing said:

I have the same boat in the tournament edition and same engine. No T-Top.

I run a Powertech OFX4-17 and can hit 5800 RPM at around 44 MPH. Lots of stern lift, great holeshot and does not wash out around turns.

I used to also have a Powertech OFX3-19 but it was only a few MPH faster but took a lot longer to get on plane.

that's the one :)

dc

24 minutes ago, pbandjga said:

Pathfinder recommends the 14.5 x 21 Pro Series prop from the attached Performance Bulletin.  Any experience on how this prop compares to the Powertech mentioned above?

PAT-2200V-F150TLRC.pdf

It is almost impossible to find a new Pro Series Yamaha prop . Yamaha has stopped making them. The OFX-4 and the Pro Series Yamaha have nothing in common. The Yamaha Pro Series is a bow lift high rake  well vented prop that is fast good acceleration ,likes to be run low with a lot of trim to lift.  The down side is on a lot of boats the pro series won't grip well when turning and during hole shot.  The OFX-4  usually lifts stern well can be run mounted high and slips less not as fast . Hope this helps Joe R

Archived