New PowerPole Products

FunFlatsFishing

True but I like the fact that it has the reserve power feature built in. Guess it would be like a ACR which I had on my previous boat and I loved it. I like to play the stereo at the sand bar and that added security is nice. Not to mention being able to see the status of all your batteries on your phone would be awsome!

One thing we all know...Power Pole has the best customer service in the entire marine industry. They build really good products and stand behind them 100 % no questions asked. You can bet if they are selling this charger, they have researched it, tested it and made sure it would meet their quality standards before they offered it to the public. 

Stealth AC/DC Max pack is around $600 and you can order with wires at any length you want (no splices). The dash mount gauge that comes with it gives you a digital 12 and 24 or 36 volt read out with low and/or high voltage alarms etc...etc. NO CELL PHONE REQUIRED. Numerous ways to wire it and have all the back up power you have on board. Price difference alone will get you another set of batteries. Stealth's customer service is second to none.

1 hour ago, bernieNC said:

Stealth AC/DC Max pack is around $600 and you can order with wires at any length you want (no splices). The dash mount gauge that comes with it gives you a digital 12 and 24 or 36 volt read out with low and/or high voltage alarms etc...etc. NO CELL PHONE REQUIRED. Numerous ways to wire it and have all the back up power you have on board. Price difference alone will get you another set of batteries. Stealth's customer service is second to none.

So your saying the pp is $1300? If so then heck no. But if comparable. 

1. No need for splices...all my batteries are in the console. 

2. Dash mount gauge.... means more holes. Got plenty 

3. Numerous ways to wire... I like plug and play. Easy peasy 

Able to check my batteries without going to the boat(from the house) I like that too. Cell phone needed but who don't have one. I already have and use the CMonster app for my power pole. Nice feature. 

23 minutes ago, Miss Jazzy said:

So your saying the pp is $1300? If so then heck no. But if comparable. 

1. No need for splices...all my batteries are in the console. 

2. Dash mount gauge.... means more holes. Got plenty 

3. Numerous ways to wire... I like plug and play. Easy peasy 

Able to check my batteries without going to the boat(from the house) I like that too. Cell phone needed but who don't have one. I already have and use the CMonster app for my power pole. Nice feature. 

The OP has the list price of $1295 for the PP charger. If the bells and whistles on your cell phone are worth it go for it. You have to "wire" all of them and some folks still have batteries in multiple places. Just saying.

13 hours ago, bernieNC said:

I hear ya. How about a new 15' Talon for $2500.

Again no thanks!

15'... That's crazy. How are they going to keep that thing from breaking/bending.  Got to be some king of pressure on it stretched out that far with that amount of weight trying to be held in one spot. Esp. in any current. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 8:33 PM, bernieNC said:

The stealth system only transfers power from the alternator to the auxiliary batteries, the Power-Pole Charge is the first bi-directional charger which means it can transfer power back and forth between your cranking and auxiliary batteries. The power is transferred wherever you need it. It also has a built in emergency start system. You only need a phone for the app to actually see the status of the batteries and most everyone has a smart phone so there is no added cost of a gauge or extra holes in the dash to install a gauge.

3 hours ago, PlainoMaverick said:

The stealth system only transfers power from the alternator to the auxiliary batteries, the Power-Pole Charge is the first bi-directional charger which means it can transfer power back and forth between your cranking and auxiliary batteries. The power is transferred wherever you need it. It also has a built in emergency start system. You only need a phone for the app to actually see the status of the batteries and most everyone has a smart phone so there is no added cost of a gauge or extra holes in the dash to install a gauge.

No added cost? The thing cost more than twice as much. And once again the Stealth gauge has multiple functions and alarms. My phone stays in the bag when I'm fishing.

Archived