Top Coat Products

Headhunter

I thought I would share this with you all..............

Before i went to the keys last week I waxed the pathfinder with a product called TopCoat F-11. I got a great non slippery shine on the whole boat including the fiberglass, rubber rail, windshield and metal work. Even more amazing was that all of the bug hits washed right off with nothing more than water and a rag. Boat clean up was only hose and water, even the fish remains. Finally, this is spray on spread with a microfiber cloth and polish with another one. Easy was an understatement. Oh, and it has a uv inhibitor in it.

Two draw backs.........it doesn't clean, it only protects so you need to do the scrubbing before you use the product. The second is the price $200 a gallon but I only used about 4 oz on the pathfinder in and out. If it replaces a bunch of products maybe that's not so bad.

I did another coat when I got home and the pictures below doesn't do the boat justice.

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

I am pretty stoked on this stuff and I hope it holds up. I am going to pull the maverick and coat it next week. The guy I spoke to at the company said I shouldn't get much oxidation on the black hull because of the us inhibiter That would be a real godsend. If anyone is interested check their website. Topcoat.com

• 4 weeks later...

HeadHunter 

Now that you are a few more weeks into the application how are you liking the product?

I ended up buying the smaller bottle.   I did my wife's car once and the boat once.   I think I will need to apply a couple more coats of the product before I really see the benefit.   

Still like it and love the easy clean up in the cockpit.  I did find a couple of spots on the Pathfinders hull that picked up some tannic color on the white. They were a couple of splotches that took some scrubbing to get off. I wonder if I missed those spots. I'll keep an eye on it. Agreed on the multiple coats. Darker colors come out better. Our dark blue SUV looks really super.

i am going to pull the black maverick next week and coat that. I still like thoat I can do everything with it rather than have a closet of cleaning products.

Archived