Carpet in hatches

KeepinItSimple

Some people have made rod lockers out of one side or the other. Not sure how it looks under the carpet on the old models (I have a 2001, 1900) but I doubt it's 'finished' like the newer boats. 

Who was the guy from GA that knew these boats really well, Ken? 

• Like 1

You can buy rubber shelf liner almost anywhere. Comes in several colors. You could remove the carpet, do a little clean-up, then glue the shelf liner to the inside of the hatches. This stuff won't absorb water and looks pretty good. I lined the bottom of my leaning post storage area.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Duck-Brand-Select-Easy-Liner-Shelf-Liner-12-x-10-Light-Grey/38055921?wmlspartner=wmtlabs&adid=22222222222027651340&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=e&wl1=o&wl2=c&wl3=10357899339&wl4=kwd-1103082134546&wl12=38055921_0&wl14=rubber shelf liner&veh=sem

Someone makes this stuff that is thicker and the holes are a little larger.

22 hours ago, BradM said:

Some people have made rod lockers out of one side or the other. Not sure how it looks under the carpet on the old models (I have a 2001, 1900) but I doubt it's 'finished' like the newer boats. 

Who was the guy from GA that knew these boats really well, Ken? 

HOBO on the forum.   Ken Doss in Brunswick Ga.

West marine has these lil hard plastic squares that are almost like shelf liner that are still flexible so u can mold them to the locker shape. They are like 5$ a piece. Might be an option to play with. I gotta do something cause wet carpet in mine is driving me crazy

• 2 years later...
On 7/17/2017 at 9:42 PM, Jscann said:

West marine has these lil hard plastic squares that are almost like shelf liner that are still flexible so u can mold them to the locker shape. They are like 5$ a piece. Might be an option to play with. I gotta do something cause wet carpet in mine is driving me crazy

Dry deck... that’s what I used to line all of my hatches. . Great stuff