Wear your Kill Switch lanyard!!

lurem

close by to the lake I grew up on in Indiana. Lots of lakes up there and they are absolutely packed in the summer.

If someone ever wants to see what bad boating looks like stop by one of them on a weekend and you will see nearly 100 boats running around in circles on a 500 acre lake.. its madness. Sad part is there are a lot of boating accidents up there but not too many of them make it into the news.

I watched that happen after two boats hit head on in the Ohio River one night after a Reds game.  We were at a restaurant on the KY side and we are watching a go fast boat head east at a high rate of speed.  Looked out in front of the and saw a slow moving cabin cruiser.  Next thing you know...  Crash.  Go fast boat never saw the other and the cruiser probably couldn't react quick enough.  The go fast then started circling and actually came right under our seat at the restaurant.  The driver was face down in his seat sort of facing backwards if you will.  Passenger was ejected.  Both died.  Like said above, stupid moves yield stupid results. 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, mustang190 said:

I use the electronic kill switch. Only problem is that I forget to leave the fob in the boat when I go get the trailer.

Yes, have the same problem but mine beeps at me and people at the ramp look at me like I'm crazy. Love the electronic kill switch.

Archived