PF front hand holds

FROZEN

Brain trust,

My wife complains, and I agreed to come up with a solution, to "no place to hang on to" when riding forward of the CC. Even in the front cooler seat, everyone has the same complaint. True, I could trade in the PF for a pontoon boat, but then that's like my 32 year old son driving a mini van.

Seriously, we had a good friend loose their daughter two weekends ago at St Augustine, when she somehow got tossed over the bow and was killed by the LU and / or prop. They had a new Stingray 19 CC with bow rails. It got me thinking.....I'm all about safety for my family, and you can get some wicked bounces at a medium speed. And as everyone knows.....it can happen real fast.

Will Seasucker-like products work? Anyone have any ideas? Anyone put hand holds up front? Of, course, I want to keep the pure fishing platform, but when the wife is right, she's right!

Sorry for the loss. There some nasty hard bars up St Augustine way. I have personal experience. I use seasucker rod holders and they stick like glue. You have to work to get them off once they are pumped up so I think you can go that route if you want. I am not sure there will hold in a collision but worth a look. If you go hand hold I would love to see what you come up with for my TE.

Good luck.

Archived