Potential death trap or normal??

flatsfisher772

So the boat came rigged like this when I bought it (2000 Bayfisher) , fuel vent hose coming up into console and venting out the side. It always struck me as not the best location considering its running right next to a ton of wires. Is this how its supposed to be rigged or is this an accident waiting to happen? If I need to move this hose, what all is involved and how much of a PITA is it going to be?

IMG_1810.jpg

Is the vent higher than the gunnel 

If it is lower than more of a potential problem. If higher gas fumes dissipate  about a foot from the vent on average so not a big potential for fumes to collect.

The setup does not look factory but it is not uncommon to see tanks and electrical close in small boats 

Change it out, that isn't correct.  And that hose doesn't meet USCG standards for that application, I can't tell but that is certainly a B-1 (it may be B-1-15?) type hose, that product is only to be used in an open environment in an engine feed application.  That's not good.  It looks like someone replaced it, I can assure that it didn't come from MBG that way! Also, I assume that hose is attached to the fuel tank, again a huge NO-NO! Not good bud...

Archived