Leak in the bilge. Looking for advice ?

Redneck Biologist

Boat is a 2008 Pathfinder 2200 XL.  Found a leak on starboard side thru transom floor drain fitting.  Removed, cleaned (Not fun!) And re-sealed that.  That leak is fixed,  but there is still water getting into the bilge.  Are there any "typical" suspects I should examine to help make the search easier?  Hearing bubbling noises on starboard side floor drain in the floor.  Wondering if the leak could be occurring at that fitting just under the floor drain.  Leak is about 1- 2 gallons per hour max

Thank you.  I looked at that this afternoon and wondered if it could be an issue.  My bunks block access to it as well.  I may plug the Hull, fill with water and blue dye and check that area out.  If they are leaking (I have two livewell pickups there), then I guess I could leave the boat about a foot short on the trailer and do the repair at the ramp.  

3 minutes ago, CG RYAN said:

Mine was leaking at the livewell/cap mounting area where the sealant was missing. I would only get water in the bilge when running with the livewell full. Is yours leaking all the time? 

It is leaking while sitting in the water.  I do not use my livewell.  Valves are off and tub drains plugged with rubber stoppers.

11 hours ago, CG RYAN said:

Mine was leaking at the livewell/cap mounting area where the sealant was missing. I would only get water in the bilge when running with the livewell full. Is yours leaking all the time? 

I'm pretty sure mine is doing the same thing. I notice I get a little water in my bilge running with livewell full.  What did you do to fix it or did you ever fix it?  I've never really thought too much about it hence why I haven't fixed mine. 

Archived