2200V for guide boat?

Drummer

Looking at possibly buying a used 2200V to use as a guide boat for inshore and close to shore fishing groups up to 5. I see some comments about "wet feet" on the earlier hulls. I also note the earlier hulls were reportedly very light compared to the newer designs. Questions are:  What years have WFS (wet feet syndrome)? When did the hull gain so much weight? When did the deck layout improve to include forward bait well? Any other appropriate comments from Pathfinder 2200V owners would be appreciated. PS I plan to buy an older hull and consider a repower at some point. Thanks, all.  

The tournament is the hull with the forward livewell. The "V" only has the rear livewell(s). Rabuds will fix the wet feet problem and are an easy fix. The hulls were re-done in 2007-2008 to accept the heavier motors that were coming out, these were the 2200XL. The older 2200 is a great all around hull and is a lot of fun to drive. I put a SHO on my 2005 and loved it. You cant go wrong with any of them. 

I think after 2002 the front deck design gets better.  My 01 has a fold down door for storage and after that it has the door on top of the front deck.  I put rabuds on mine and it didn't help at all.  I am sure I did something wrong in the process.  

The Raybuds, while they do work, are not going to completely eliminate water intrusion.  If, for instance, some sea grass gets washed through the scuppers, it will sometimes keep the ping-pong ball from seating completely which allows water to bypass the 'Buds.  My solution (2001 2200v) is to use some 1-1/2" plugs I bought at Lowe's.  They can be pushed in to the thru-hulls in the cockpit and if it rains or water gets in for another reason, just removing the plugs will let the water run out.

The 2200v hulls are solid and will last a very long time.  Remember that if you're guiding with it you'll most likely have not only the weight of your clients but the weight of 30 or so gallons of water in the baitwell which of course will make the stern sit down, and that's when water intrusion is a potential problem.

Good luck and let us know what you end up buying.

I think a 2200 would make a fine charter boat. The 2200 tournament even better. 

Ive come to conclusion the water intrusion issues are boat specific. Most likely due to rigging...The big block motors, jack plates, battery placement and maybe even power poles play a big role in it. My 2200 has no jack plate, 150 vmax and even with Ttop, 4 adults and full fuel I don't get anything in my scuppers except when I back off trailer and then it's gone in a few seconds. In fact I purchased Rubuds when I first bought boat and they are still sittin on my shelf in garage...

Plenty of seating options if you regularly carry people.. Im getting seat backs made to go in rod holders behind rod lockers so wife and friends can sit facing forward and have a seat back.  I also have a cushion on back deck that can sit 3-4 people across which I like better than the little jump seats in new ones.  Both easily removable to fish. Plus regular areas like leaning post and in front of console. 

Archived