Boomerang Tool

conocean

52 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

How do you get by without using pliers to de-hook fish?

I mostly go after snook, reds, trout, & tripletail so I carefully handle each fish I catch and can gently remove the hook with my fingers 95% of the time. I use my dehooker for the fish that swallow a hook, all tarpon and the occasional junk fish. 

4 hours ago, conocean said:

How many of ya'll have used these nippers?

www.boomerangtool.com

They're pretty cool and easy. Good resistance to rust. I rarely need pliers for anything so I stopped strapping them to my waist years ago. 

Picked one up recently....love em...but, I have not given up my pliers :)

dc

Con, these are great. I've been using them  for about 4 years.  My cousin has an outdoors sporting goods store and we were in there about 6 years ago before Christmas. Dad asked my cousin, who is super picky-only the best of the best for him, what the best stocking stuffer in the store was for fishing. He grabbed a pair if Brangs and and said this will. E the. Est fishing tool in your boat. I keep one on my Dring connected to my plier holster. I use the heck out of it cuts anything and is quick and out of the way. Dont have to hunt for it in the boat or a pocket. As soon as you are done with it you can let go and it returns to it's spot.  I HIGHLY recommend getting 2 or 3 for your boat because when you have guests, you'll be cutting their lines all day for them. Everytime I fish with someone who doesnt have them, they are always asking to use mine. They are great!

21 hours ago, hurricane said:

Love them, cut line very nice. I have a set attached to pliers holster, pull it out like Quick Draw McGraw and snip line. 

I have mine the same...on the inside of the pliers and they hang on the cord...

I use my pliers mostly for setting split shot properly...my teeth are getting too brittle....(LOL)....not like when I was in my teens...just chomp down on a split shot :)

dc

Archived