CRB PM REPORT

ififish

Launched at 2 pm to catch the afternoon heavy outgoing. Bait was one and done just outside of Cockroach. Bait everywhere really. Headed up the river to try our hand at something new and the backflow from the developing storm made us leave. Headed south toward the old ferry dock, good water clarity but appeared to be an algae bloom on top of the water. As the tide got right we headed to the honey hole and it produced. Snook freejumping. Popping 50 yards in all directions. Caught many 22s and occasional small trout. Hooked and kept one top slot Red. Rolled back to the ramp with just enough moonlight to spot markers on the way in. Beautiful night in the bay and all to ourselves after the storms blew everyone else away.

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5377.JPG

IMG_5378.JPG

Good trip, I need to do an evening trip. 

I was out over the weekend, fishing was not up to par. Got some nice trout on topwater in the am. Missed a big fish, he rolled on the spook jr. but didn't get it. Got a few small snook, no reds, nothing like last weekend. Snook were bustin' left and right and reds were chewin'.  The bay water was a nice color of brown from all the rain, so thats my excuse for the dismal day. 

We fished CRB / Little Manatee Area Wed. Aug 16 . Lots of river rat reds and small mangrove snapper all over . Great short morning fish two hrs.  Heard thunder and headed in . Couldn't fish much longer with the heat so the storm didn't really change much .  Joe R

Archived