VHF radio and antenna installation

bbrock8

Does anyone have some installation pics they would share here? I am getting ready to install one in my 2016 2400TRS and I am trying weigh out my mounting options. My boat has the factory hardtop and there's not enough room left in the console to mount it. I will probably put the radio in the overhead compartment. I am not sure where to mount the antenna on the top. Any help is appreciated 

With the hard top I would look at the existing  wire runs and figure the easiest and neatist way to go from overhead compartment to the top. The midline in the front would be easy to lower the antenna as you can just stand on a cooler. The outer side edges might have trouble with cut out for the rods

My boat came with a dash mounted VHF but after two fried out from weather exposure - completeIy unused by the way - I decided to mount inside the console on the port wall. I bought one of those Shakespeare temp antennas with 25' of cable and if I ever need a VHF I'll simply place the antenna on my top and I'm ready to go. I also carry a handheld.

7 hours ago, nicecast said:

My boat came with a dash mounted VHF but after two fried out from weather exposure - completeIy unused by the way - I decided to mount inside the console on the port wall. I bought one of those Shakespeare temp antennas with 25' of cable and if I ever need a VHF I'll simply place the antenna on my top and I'm ready to go. I also carry a handheld.

I have the same set up, keep the Shakespeare emergency antenna connected and coiled up inside console, able to pull out and place on top of T-Top if needed.

Archived