downscan/side scan tranducer location on 2500/2600

marzomi

That's a great ideal Whicewaysup !  It would be very convenient  and helpful to see how others have arranged components on their boats as a quick reference , and found what works best for them and their model of boat . You senior and more experienced anglers and boat owners are a truly valued source of need information .You are un knowingly  our Guides/ Mentor as we strive to learn this life style.

i stole a picture of a very esteemed forum members awesome 2500 for this....  

My thoughts having installed a load of these on bass and multi species padded hulls is that if there's enough room for the bracket the red circle area is the optimal placement.  If there's not enough vertical clearance for the LSS bracket maybe one can be manufactured, otherwise my second choice would be the green circle area under and maybe a hair starboard of the pole.  

Location one would give uninterrupted water flow and probably still work at relative planing speeds...  area two would most likely yield bad imaging once on plane and even leading up to it.   Both locations would work great at displacement speeds however.

This is my experience based on padded hulls.   Surely someone has down scan on their 2500/2600.   

sidescan_location.jpg

WWIU,

We could make a section, with folders.. I think of all the different model boats MBC has made over 37 years, times the number of different bottoms for each model, times the number of different transducer models, times the number of bracket styles..  It's just too big..

I tried this with props: The 'best' props for the different brands: An Abysmal failure.. Nobody searched and just kept adding the same questions for the same hull & motor..

You may have a good idea, though ..  to create an 'Electronics' section.  That would funnel these discussions off the General and Brand Sections.. I will run that by the Joint-Chiefs.

Mod-1

here is a better picture. 2500 on the left 2600 on the right.   just to the right of the underwater light on the starboard side is probably optimal.  Anyone have a measurement from the bottom of the boat to the bottom of the setback, in other words the "thickness" where that light is?  That would help in determining if an LSS bracket would allow for mounting there as the transducer must be level.

Pathfinder deadrise 2500-left-2600-right.jpeg

• 1 year later...

After much trial and error, I know at least six guys that have their standard transducer mounted near the drain plug and their side scan transducer mounted on the transom.  To reduce rooster tails, we mount the side scan transducer 1/4'-1/2" above the bottom of the boat.

image.jpeg

Archived