MBG- Watch Us GROW again!

slyshon

6 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Don - great story.  How cool would it be to get a forum Meet and Greet around the grand opening?   I've only met a few of you regulars in person, but feel like long time friends with many.   Heck, I wouldn't even have my current boat if it hadn't been for some of the guys on here checking it out for me.

I've always felt like MBG under leverages the longevity of their boats.  Would be pretty cool to have the drive into the new facility lined with vintage models that are still out there stalking fish.   When you drive in and see 30 year old versions of the newer models, it says a lot about the quality of the workmanship, the value they maintain, and the expertise of a company that has been building boats for over a quarter of a century.  

Same here. I spent many, many hours looking for my Pathfinder. It wasn't until a few of you on here alerted me to a new ad on boattrader, that I finally found the one I own now. I would be up for a forum member meet and greet, too. That would be a great time!

19 hours ago, InshoreMarSpec said:

Is someone getting into the ocean boat market? 30' + I bet

Already there with the stepped 344 Cobia.  Me thinks a bigger center console. Seems to be all the rage. Now, hull configuration may put a new twist on things. Cat Hulls seem to be getting very popular.

9 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Already there with the stepped 344 Cobia.  Me thinks a bigger center console. Seems to be all the rage. Now, hull configuration may put a new twist on things. Cat Hulls seem to be getting very popular.

My side hustle just got a Hysucat that will have F300 Yamahas that'll run on Natural Gas and Gasoline. I'm pretty excited to run it.

http://www.hysucat.com/news/hysucat-30-cc-sport-fisher-under-construction/

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, DonV said:

Old "MBC" story most of you are too young to relate to. I bought my first Hewes in '94 from Family Boating Center in Tampa, the following year, '95 or '96 not sure, MBC had a "Shallow Water Expo" ( I think that was the name) at their facility in Ft. Pierce and they had celebrities like Flip, Lefty, Chico and many others, plus vendors and tours of the plant! Needless to say I was in hog heaven, still to this day I remember the hospitality and great time. That's what got me started and still a rather large MBG fan to this day. 

Congrats to all the MBG family!!

I too remember those days.  No dealer network.  Buy factory direct.

Just a couple of the many things I remember from the "expo"...

1. Meeting Flip was really cool, it was during his heyday of the Walkers Cay Chronicles and he was as nice as could be.

2. The wind was a bit strong and it was time for Chico do do his fly casting seminar, I'm thinking no way, I mean no way he's going to cast in that wind....nope, he dropped like twenty in a row into a hula hoop sized circle time and time again from all different positions and distances. Just too cool. 

3. They had on display Andy Mill and Chris Everett's new lappy Bonefisher dark green hull with a cream colored inside/topside and it was perfect. I remember the Hewes rep. telling me to notice every screw was at  the 12 o'clock position. Silly things I thought were neat.

4. To prove what a pack rat I am, I still have my red Hewes koozie I bought while I was there. I wish I had a dollar for every can of Budweiser that's went through that koozie.......I'd pay cash for a new boat, a really nice boat!! :)

Archived