Stereo and Interior LED lights - Recommendations Needed

flatwater

Stereo:

My current boat has a cheap West Marine Head Unit and 2 speakers. I would like to switch out the head unit and have 4 total speakers.. not looking to drop a ton of money on top of the line JLs but curious as to what all of you have and how they have held up. I used to have 12 wet sounds speakers and a 12 inch sub in my wakeboarding boat but I'm over that stage of my life haha not looking for everyone to hear my music just looking for something that sounds good while running. 

LED lights:

Right now my boat just has the cheap courtesy lights on the side of my console. I would like to make it nice and bright inside for when I launch early in the morning but my only issue is I do not have an under gunnel area to mount LED Strips. Current boat is an action craft coastal bay.. I know a lot of pathfinder guys have interior lights and no under gunnel area so was I looking for some recommendations.  

I have 4 JL 7.7 inch speakers mounted, 2 each side, under the gunnels.  We put Blast LED rings under each speaker, and they have worked flawlessly.  And they throw off a good bit of light.

My head unit is a round, Jensen gauge style stereo.  It wasn't quite enough, so after I added a JL amp (M400/4),  it really perked things up.  So far, after nearly 2 years, no problems to complain about. 

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

Shoot me a text when you are headed out, the boat gets here tonight and Ill be taking it out tomorrow to the fort, and should be on it Saturday, sunday, and Monday. Cant wait to put it through its paces.

The new SCB has the wetsounds with led rings so Ill try to get a pic of them on. My photo posted above of the speaker rings were wetsounds as well and they lit up the cockpit great

Archived