Croatia

gatorsmg

I took this with a point and shoot digital camera during my honeymoon in Europe a couple of years ago. It's not that great of a picture relative to what it could have been but I can't get over how beautiful the bay was. This was actually taken in Cavtat which is a small town just outside of Dubrovnik... Jacques Cousteau once claimed it was the cleanest water he had ever seen.

My wife and I bought a Nikon D5100 and a couple of lenses a few months ago so I hope to take some share worthy pictures in the near future.

IMG_3282.jpg

We used to go to what was then Yugoslavia on regular caravan holidays when I was young. The sea was like gl***. I used to fish off the rocks but never caught much. Even snorkelling there wasn't much fish life. There were loads of sea urchins and getting de-needled was a regular occurance.

We enjoyed some fantastic sites for the caravan. That's ours with the blue awning 10 feet from the sea. We took our 85 year old Grandmother with us. It was the first time she had worn a swimming costume for 40 years. These images were taken around 1973.

1335349322-croatia3.jpg.da0f03b448ae3b85

1335347827-croatia2.jpg.70fbfd02b48de7bf

1335347815-croatia1.jpg.b6eaa20659f1fd43

Archived