Starting Battery

AMJ

I have an F-115 four stroke Yamaha.  What kind of cranking amps do I need on the starting batter?  I put a new battery in a while back, but want to make sure the battery is strong enough.  I'm not the original owner, so I don't have the manual to the motor.

You can check out and down load the Yamahe manual on line type in Yamaha and 115  4 stroke  . site  stating PDF  115 - F115 owners Manual . Page 10 gives  Battery Min. requirements !  I just installed Deka 24  group  Starting  battery for 130 2 stroke  ,1000 cca plenty reserve  power if weight isn't issue go with 27 group  Stick to  a Cranking / Starting  Battery  ,  Lead plate configuration. Is different  than standard Deep cycle, that in designed for lower draw over longer period of time .. 

Their certainly good batteries Drummer, mine was over 4 years old when I bought my boat  sat over a year and still held a charge  ,but knew it could go at any tine Went with Deka  simply because others here recommended it an Yamaha dealer confirmed. Will be replaceing my two Optimas their no longer holding a charge after  5 years plus ,  would have never believed it

Archived