Cooler size

James Grissom

Hey  Everyone : looking to order my cooler to use as portable  platforn on forward deck of my 17 MA . I'm considering the taller 50 qt size of  Engel / Yeti /  RTIC  .Their about 18 " tall and  17" wide and 24" long  , the RTIC is about 26" wide . It will double as a step for accessing polling platform . Wondering what size  works best for you  on similar size  boat , when used as a casting platform. Previous owner left  yeti  mounts installed 39" apart  just out side of larger main compartment edges . Cooler actual capacity isn't an issue . 

Great looked pic's , thanks guys . My 1996 hull Has the larger console installed with the forward seat  I was told it's from a different  year MA .I like the placement of the 2 optima batteries for the trolling motor I just ordered this week end . I thought about the 65 qt  size however the 50 takes up a lot less space on Frd,deck when Trolling motor installed , plus it  will fits nice in front of console seat when running as ur pic's illustrated ,will need to to wait another month to order Lowrance HGS . Learn 38 years ago , Getting 1 toy for me ,1 for her , is like smoking my bee hive before asking too much honey at once !!!! I will take some pics when I  get the items installed .  Oh has any of you mounted a side scan transducer on the bottom of your trolling motor ? Or will it cause too much interference ?

Archived