Redfisher 19 Lappy vs. LT 20

ncinshore

Hey all. I previously owned an 18 bayfisher lappy, great boat and I miss it. Currently own 2 bay boats, a nautic star and an 04 24 pathfinder and I'm thinking about downsizing.

I loved the 18 bayfisher but the 19 redfisher expanded hp capacity has me interested. I've also always like the look of the lt20 and the 200hp capacity. Anyone have any insight on comparisons? How about performance with max hp on both models? The boats main purpose would be redfish tournaments.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The red fisher will be a faster boat as it is narrow and lighter. The size difference when you are on the deck seems big. The LT has a ton of room everywhere. I looked at a 19 before I bought my LT but just wanted more storage and a wider all around boat. Both should float in pretty much the same amount of water. I do love the front livewell on the 19 though. I wish my LT had one of those. Hard to go wrong with either one. 

LT runs bow heavy and doesn't have a running pad.  19 Redfisher has a running pad, is faster and can be "aired out" with the right prop.  LT is wider and slower. 19RF is narrower and little more wet.  The best large flats boat MBC has made is the 21 MA.  If you can find one its the boat to get. Outperforms the LT and 19RF in every category.

I have a 225 optimax on my LT. I've had it up to 48 but have a rough bottom so I know I am loosing speed there. But it's a great boat. If I could have found a master angler 21 when I was looking I would have bought it. But the LT has worked out great and don't think I will get rid of it. Too many memories rebuilding it with my father. 

I have a 99 19 red with a 175 merc efi. With a 4 blade 24" prop, no clue who makes it, only marking on it is a scratched in/engraved 24P on it, 4 people, none of us being small, 235-280, plus gear, tm, 2 tm batts, 25-30 gals of fuel, rear lw empty, front lw with ice and drinks, no problem getting on plane, and hit 48mph. Probably could've gotten another 1 or 2 out of it, but wasn't worried about it. Fastest it's gone is 58 with just me (265) two rods, 5-6 gals of fuel, and tm with tm batts, and she was aired out. Thinking it may have only been sitting on the pad as it was trimmed to the moon and the feel of the boat changed and the small waves/large wind ripple was having an affect on it, only time it never felt solid.

Draft with two people is probably 10.5 - 11 inches, haven't measured, but it gets really close to my dad's 16 bonefisher. 

1 hour ago, cflredfisher19 said:

I have a 99 19 red with a 175 merc efi. With a 4 blade 24" prop, no clue who makes it, only marking on it is a scratched in/engraved 24P on it, 4 people, none of us being small, 235-280, plus gear, tm, 2 tm batts, 25-30 gals of fuel, rear lw empty, front lw with ice and drinks, no problem getting on plane, and hit 48mph. Probably could've gotten another 1 or 2 out of it, but wasn't worried about it. Fastest it's gone is 58 with just me (265) two rods, 5-6 gals of fuel, and tm with tm batts, and she was aired out. Thinking it may have only been sitting on the pad as it was trimmed to the moon and the feel of the boat changed and the small waves/large wind ripple was having an affect on it, only time it never felt solid.

Draft with two people is probably 10.5 - 11 inches, haven't measured, but it gets really close to my dad's 16 bonefisher. 

Thanks for the info. I think if I go this route I would go with a 3 blade prop for maxing out speed. Good to hear on the draft side of things. I can deal with sub 1 ft. draft. I just miss the lappy! haha

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 12:00 PM, ncinshore said:

Lap it up, thanks for the response. How about top speed on the master angler 21 with a 250 vs top speed of the Rf 19 with a 175? How about draft comparison? Have you been on both?

I only have a 2.6L 175 on my 21 MA.  Its very impressive though.  Two guys, 65 gallons of fuel, cooler and fishing gear she has been 55mph with a stock 20p Yamaha pro 3 blade.  My brothers 21 has a F225 sport and will run mid 60's on the pad.  Draft on a 21 is very impressive for the size of the boat.  I had a very well equipped 18RF before this boat and I'll say, I can go anywhere in this boat that I went with the 18. Draft is nearly the same or better.

6 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

I only have a 2.6L 175 on my 21 MA.  Its very impressive though.  Two guys, 65 gallons of fuel, cooler and fishing gear she has been 55mph with a stock 20p Yamaha pro 3 blade.  My brothers 21 has a F225 sport and will run mid 60's on the pad.  Draft on a 21 is very impressive for the size of the boat.  I had a very well equipped 18RF before this boat and I'll say, I can go anywhere in this boat that I went with the 18. Draft is nearly the same or better.

good to know, thanks!

Archived