Robbers

Capt. Troy

There are some guys going around knocking on doors pretending they are with the Power Company.

The neighborhood watch alert just contacted us and told us they are actively searching for the perps in Odessa Fl where they just robbed a family at gun point posing as Reps from TECO.

The crooks know that right now many people are carrying lots of cash due to the storm and their guard is down. There really is no reason for a lineman to come to your door.
Watch your 6 these next few days. There are some messed up individuals out there.>:(

Looting & strong armed robbery reported within a mile from my home Tuesday. I've noticed big white vans driving around the hood slowly every few hours & saw some kids getting arrested as I went to get gas yesterday. LEO that drove by my house told me to stay aware. I've been ready for that type of scum since last Thursday and I plan on staying vigilant until I get power again. All my neighbors are on alert too.

My generator hasn't stopped running since the morn after the storm passed (what day is it?!) and I've got everything working here except central a/c. Many of my friends parents homes didn't have central a/c when I was growing up down here so sweating my *** off the past few days has brought back a lot of memories. The sound of the generator and my portable a/c puts me to sleep like a hibernating bear. It's very dark in this hood at night....except for my house that's lit up like a Christmas tree!!

Saw some video of these scum looting a sporting goods store here in Miami just after the storm blew in. They were carrying away boxes of life-sustaining essentials such as Air Jordan basketball shoes. If I was police chief,  I'd issue shoot to kill orders on all looters and let them sort it out later.

Back in the early sixties I was in junior high school. We had a hurricane, first one I remember. We went to my uncles house because it was new and concrete block. We were watching TV before we lost power and the Sheriff of Orange County was speaking. He said, "if you loot, we will kill you. I have issued a shoot to kill order". I had never heard that term before, so I asked me dad, what is shoot to kill. He explained it and even though I was just a kid, it seemed fair to me. What happened to our society?

The clan showed this morning riding shotgun with rakes and tools while I was cleaning the front yard. "Said hey bro you need some help?"

Just before they were about to get a really bad response from me my 80 plus elderly neighbor across the street came strolling out and advised me the church had sent them and they got confused on the location. "she knows I watch out for her since her husband passed"

I felt like a fool for 2 reasons. "Front yard picking up 100 green pine cones"

I was unarmed and made an assumption based on their looks. 

That said, I am on acreage in an area where most homes are the same. Hard to see the neighbors on both sides and it gets dark around here. I see on average 10 cars an hour pass in front of my house. Today, way to many suspect vehicles cruising around.

Just watch out. I'm average aware at most times to whats going on but these predators are relying on catching the average guy off guard during these times.

Don't worry about feeling like a fool for assuming the worst in people right now while things return to order.  You must be vigilant.  There was a lot of inadvertent open carry going on in my neighborhood for a while after the storm while the clean up was going on.  Sometimes our shirts would get hiked up while we were picking up debris and expose our concealed carry holsters. There wasn't much of a rush to re-conceal. Georgia is an open carry state and my neighborhood would have been a shoot to kill area if looters attempted entry into our homes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived